Reference Grade Audiophile DAC, Preamp & Headphone amplifier
Callia is a compact audiophile quality 2-channel USB2 DAC with a high-current, low-impedance headphone output and balanced and unbalanced monitor outputs. It uses the acclaimed Prism Sound signal path, clock circuitry, ARM Cortex processor & USB platform of the Prism Sound professional range. Callia supports USB and S/PDIF players and is capable of sample rates up to 384 kHz.
The design goal for Callia was to provide Prism Sound audio quality in a sophisticated but easy to use package for listening to music at home. Callia makes no compromises on audio quality and delivers the same standard of audio performance demanded by top recording professionals at sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 384 kHz or in DSD64 or DSD128.
Callia has the same no-compromise analog circuitry as its professional cousins, with the same fully-balanced architecture throughout and the same isolation barriers protecting the analog circuitry from digital and computer interference.
The Callia headphone output is a brand new high-current, low impedance design optimized for the best possible performance. Callia can easily handle headphones from a few ohms to more than 250 ohms by providing several operating ranges, selected by switch presets on the rear panel of the unit, and will deliver a smooth, well-balanced and transparent sound.
Callia is compatible with the widest range of computer hardware using a USB2 interface supporting UAC2 audio. Callia also supports S/PDIF and AES3-id digital audio inputs. Auto input detection and output protection allows for the hot plugging of cables without fear of damaging your speakers.
Callia supports linear PCM in 2's complement binary coding and, using the "DSD over PCM" (DOP) protocol, DSD at the original bit-rate (DSD64) and also at 2 x the original rate (DSD128). DSD Files encoded as "DOP" may be played with both ASIO and WDM drivers.
Callia offers balanced and unbalanced monitor output formats at +14 dBu and 2Vrms respectively. The balanced output is presented on professional XLR male connectors and the unbalanced (consumer) output is on industry-standard phono co-axial connectors.
Callia uses the same "CleverClox" hybrid digital phase-locked loop (DPLL) circuitry as Prism Sound professional products which re-generate ultra-stable clocks for best quality conversion.
• Plug, play and enjoy your music in all popular formats
• No-compromise, full Prism Sound audio quality
• Play in Windows, OSX, Linux, iOS and Android
• Class compliant UAC2/USB for best compatibility
• ASIO drivers for Windows
• Windows WDM drivers (Vista and later)
• Play from disc transport/player device via S/P-DIF
• Optical and co-axial S/P-DIF inputs
• Playback sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 384 kHz
• DSD64/128 via DOP (S/P-DIF DSD64 only)
• Automated source selection, with manual override
• Balanced +14 dBu XLR and 2V RCA phono outputs
• Low-Z headphone output (adjustable sensitivity)
• Front-panel digital master volume control
• State-of-the-art clocking with hybrid 2-stage DPLL
• Fully-floating balanced architecture for low noise