World-class mixing for smaller studios
Get the mixing power of industry-standard Avid S6 in a more compact control surface for budget-conscious pros and smaller audio post and music facilities. Avid S4 boosts your mixing efficiency with the same award-winning workflows in a more streamlined, semi-modular surface that provides intelligent DAW control. Whether creating music, designing sound, mixing immersive audio, or teaching audio production, S4 is the perfect fit for any project.
TAKE COMMAND OF MULTIPLE DAWS
S4 is built with EUCONTM technology, giving you deep, unmatched DAW integration to access and control Pro Tools¬Æ, Nuendo, Logic Pro, and other audio and video software right from its touchscreen and surface‚Äîeven two different applications simultaneously. From editing plugins and writing automation, to performing complex tasks with a single key press, it accelerates your efficiency like only an Avid control surface can.
EXPAND YOUR MIXING VERSATILITY
Stereo. Surround. Immersive audio. For music, audio post, and media education. No matter the format, DAW, or workflow, S4 makes it easy to expand your creative capabilities, providing additional module options‚ including joysticks, PEC/Direct paddles, and attention knobs‚ to support a variety of mixing workflows and opportunities. Win the work you want with a versatile control surface that powers your potential while keeping your budget in check.
SEE YOUR MIX IN NEW WAYS
S4 supports up to four optional Display Modules, providing extensive visual feedback of your session. From channel meters, groups, EQ curves, and automation data, to scrolling high-res Pro Tools waveforms, which can be edited right from the surface, you gain better insight into every aspect of your session, so you can create incredible mixes with confidence.
Master Touch Module (MTM) ‚ Get quick access to and control your mix through a tilting 12.1-inch multipoint touchscreen, eight knobs, and more.
Master Automation Module (MAM) ‚ Navigate and automate projects with a transport control, shuttle/jog wheel, focus fader, and more.
Channel Strip Module (CSM) ‚ Make adjustments with eight faders, 32 top-lit knobs, and more (supports up to a 24-fader configuration).
- Accelerate workflows with a versatile system that fits into any music, audio post, or media education environment
- Boost efficiency with direct tactile and touch access to a host of software functions, parameters, and project navigation
- Work with your favorite software, including Pro Tools, Nuendo, Pyramix, Logic Pro, Cubase, and more
- Customize the semi-modular surface for your workflow with up to 24 faders, plus optional displays and modules
- Get unmatched hands-on control and precision with an ergonomic surface that feels and acts like an extension of your software
- Make more informed decisions and mix with confidence through extensive visual feedback of your session
- Experience the most efficient Dolby Atmos mixing workflows in the industry when paired with Pro Tools | Ultimate
- Get comprehensive monitoring control to handle any sound setup‚Äîfrom mono to immersive audio
AVID S4‚ World-class mixing for smaller studios
8-fader, 3-foot base system
Includes one CSM, one MTM, one MAM, and filler panels/ plates in a 3-foot frame.
16-fader, 4-foot base system
Includes two CSMs, one MTM, one MAM, and filler panels/ plates in a 4-foot frame.
16-fader, 5-foot base system
Includes two CSMs, one MTM, one MAM, and filler panels/ plates in a 5-foot frame.
24-fader, 5-foot base system
Includes three CSMs, one MTM, one MAM, and filler panels/ plates in a 5-foot frame.
- Display Module‚ Get extensive visual insight into your mix with a high-resolution TFT display that can show everything from channel names, meters, routing, groups, and DAW affiliation, to scrolling Pro Tools waveforms, master meters, and more
- Joystick Module‚ Mix surround sound and immersive audio projects, including Dolby Atmos and Ambisonics, using dual touch- sensitive joysticks, with TFT and OLED displays, to position sounds with precision
- Post Module‚ Complete post projects faster with a module that enables you to switch between listening to recorded tracks/stems and their inputs through two rows of 10 PEC/ Direct paddles to ensure they sound identical before punching in to record
- Attention Knob Module‚ Add 32 more top-lit knobs to your surface (or 64 with two modules), providing additional assignable controls and visual feedback for adjusting attention track functions, including plugins, EQ, DYN, and pan
SUPPORTED EUCON- ENABLED APPLICATIONS*
- Avid Pro Tools
- Avid Pro Tools | Ultimate
- Avid Media Composer
- Avid Media Composer | Ultimate
- Avid Media Composer | Enterprise > Avid XMON EUCON
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe Premiere
- Apple Logic Pro
- Digital Audio Denmark DADman
- Harrison Mixbus
- MOTU Digital Performer
- Magix Samplitude
- Magix Sequoia
- Merging Technologies Pyramix
- Steinberg Cubase
- Steinberg Nuendo
- Trinnov Audio D-MON
* Please note that while these applications are EUCON-enabled, the extent of integration with Avid Pro Mixing control surfaces and supported software versions are at the sole direction of the respective manufacturer. For details, please contact the manufacturer.
FOR YOUR NEEDS
16-fader, 4-foot base system with three Display Modules, Joystick Module, and Attention Knob Module
24-fader, 5-foot base system with four Display Modules, Joystick Module, and Post Module
|S4‚ 3-FOOT FRAME||S4‚ 4-FOOT FRAME||S4‚ 5-FOOT FRAME|
(58 mm, 142 mm)
(58 mm, 142 mm)
(58 mm, 142 mm)