The core control elements in an S500 large format console are a Fader Tile, large multi-touch touch screens, a Channel Tile and a Master Tile. An S500 console can have a range of console frame layouts that present these core elements along with an optional meter bridge and can include a dual fader bay, or additional channel control bays. S500 can easily be scaled to suit multi-operator layouts with individual monitoring.
Integrated KVM connectivity enables up to 3 external computers to be connected and displayed via the S500 touch screens. Workflow benefits include bringing other system control interfaces directly in front of the operator, while removing the need for additional computers and monitors around the console, ideal in OB vehicles and compact audio control rooms.
• 60 fader layouts per tile, 15 layers of four banks providing 960 addressable paths per fader tile
• 100mm touch sense faders with OLED channel display
• 1 to 6 multi-gesture touch screens with graphical user interface for control of all console parameters and configuration
• Integral KVM with switched touchscreen control for up to three external connections, two with touch
• On screen channel and bus signal metering for mono, stereo, LCR, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2 ,7.1.4 and 4.0.4.
• On tile LED channel and bus signal metering
• On screen and on tile automix gain sharing metering
• On screen and on tile dynamics reduction metering
• 19 master section user soft keys
• 4 individual studio monitor outputs with dedicated level control encoders, cut and talkback keys
• Dedicated control room main monitor level encoder with Dim, Cut, LR reverse, L polarity invert, PFL to main, Main/Alt flip keys
• Dedicated hardware Monitor Ext 1 and Ext 2 keys, with soft keys for each 1-24 Ext source selector
• Monitor Misc level encoder for Dim, Alt Monitor, PFL Monitor out, AFL and PFL Bus level control
• Hardware Scene Automation controls
• Master section Main fader assignable to any bus or channel path
• Master section Focus fader can be locked to any bus or channel path
• Fanless control surface with internal redundant power supplies
• Per bay/tile individual power switches
• Optional RTW and DK audio metering integration
• Optional meterbridge with configurable meter layouts, up to 65 formatted path meters per bay
Precision multi-touch screen technology lies at the heart of the System T control environment. System T’s multi-gesture touch screens provide intuitive crystal clear interfaces to the console’s extensive functionality. Carefully considered and well organised GUI’s provide comprehensive, streamlined control of the entire console environment. Operational functions can all be controlled by a combination of gestural touch and hardware control via the fader tile Quick Encoders and the Channel Tile.
S500 Fader File
S500 Fader Tiles provide hands on control over System T signal paths. They are freely configurable to control a variety of different signal paths with clear, bright user-defined colour coding. Each tile has 16 faders which align with the adjacent touch screen with fifteen layers, and four banks per layer, giving rapid access to up to 960 paths via dedicated layer & bank buttons on the right had edge of the panel. Each fader strip has a 100mm motorised fader, a path level meter and a collection of meters/status LEDs covering Dynamics, Dialogue Automix, Remote AFV and Production Automation control status. There is a dedicated PFL Solo key plus back stop fader PFL with additional keys for Mute, AFL and Select, which controls a menu of tile functions in conjunction with the touch screen interface. A three line OLED displays a variety of visual feedback while at the top of the strip is a context sensitive multi function Quick Encoder with three switches. Each strip features SSL’s acclaimed ‘Super-Q’ key which allows the user to spill the contributing elements or destinations for a selected fader/path across the control surface providing instant feedback and mix control either from a channel- or mix-centric view. Querying a channel shows the destinations to which the channel is routed. Querying a mix bus will show the channels that are contributing to that mix.
S500 Channel Tile
Designed to satisfy the preferences of a wide range of operators, the Channel Tile features a 7 inch multi-touch touchscreen surrounded by an array of push switch encoders and buttons, and offers rapid access to the full range of processing and configuration functionality for a selected path. It operates together with the main touchscreens, Fader Tile Quick Encoders and with the Focus Fader in the Master Tile.
This panel also includes brightness controls for the console’s screens and displays, four user-programmable switches with displays, the power on switch, manual redundancy switch-over with status indication and USB port for Showfile upload.
S500 Master Tile
On the left is the Focus Fader, which is assigned to the selected path and works in conjunction with the Channel Tile controls. To the right is a Main Fader which can be assigned and locked to any desired path in a similar way to the Focus Fader but without the Channel Tile interaction. In between the two faders are the controls for the console’s powerful snapshot automation system and the switches for ten Mute Groups. At the top of the panel are the controls for System T’s flexible monitoring system which accommodates a wide range of options and supports multi-user operation of the console. Four additional studio monitor sections provide control over multiple studio speakers or production spaces. The five push switch encoders and their associated displays on the right hand side are freely assignable.