An S300 based System T configuration offers all the functionality of a full S500 based system but in control surface that has fewer hardware controls and a smaller footprint. It provides an unrivalled balance of cost, features and performance that make it an ideal stand-alone system for smaller broadcast installations. Within larger facilities S300 is a superb additional or backup console. Complete showfile compatibility between control interfaces means production can easily move between consoles and control rooms within a facility. Where processing engines are of different sizes SSL’s unique compatibility mode allows the pre selection of channel, busses and effects resources that will be inactive on the smaller processing engine. Settings from the larger device are never lost and resources can be reassigned at any point during the show, even with audio passing.
• 60 fader layouts per tile, 15 layers of 4 banks providing 960 addressable paths per fader tile
• 100mm touch sense faders
• 1-3 multi-gesture touch screens with graphical user interface for control of all console parameters and configuration
• On screen channel and bus signal metering for mono, stereo, LCR, 4.0, 5.1, 7.1, 5.1.2, 5.1.4, 7.1.2 ,7.1.4 and 4.0.4.
• On screen channel and bus signal metering
• On screen Automix gain sharing metering
• On screen dynamics reduction metering
• 21 master section user soft keys
• 4 studio monitor outputs with assignable level control encoder, cut and talkback keys
• Dedicated control room main monitor level encoder with Dim, Cut, PFL to main, Main/Alt flip keys
• Dedicated hardware Monitor Ext 1 and Ext 2 keys, with soft keys for each 1-24 Ext source selector
• Monitor Misc level encoder for Dim, Alt Monitor, PFL Monitor out, AFL and PFL Bus level control
• Master section Focus fader can be locked to any bus or channel path
• Optional fanless control surface with internal redundant power supplies
• Per bay/tile individual power switches
• Inbuilt screen for Loudness, True Peak and Phase metering
Multi-Gesture Touch Screen
At the heart of the S300 and System T is an exceptionally elegant software environment accessed and controlled using multi-gesture touchscreens. Channel View and Overview GUI’s present a comprehensive bigger picture view of your entire system and immediate screen tap access to a Channel Detail view.
System configuration, routing and surface layout are all done using simple, intuitive screen actions. Organising even large scale showfiles is made simple and straightforward. An HMDI output and optional screen arm facilitate use of an external overview screen.
System T’s excellent touchscreen interface combines with robust, responsive hardware. Just like the S500, the S300 Fader Tile has fifteen layers with four banks per layer, giving rapid access to 960 paths via dedicated Layer & Bank buttons. Each fader strip has a 100mm motorised fader and a PFL Solo key plus back stop fader PFL. There are additional keys for Mute, AFL, Select, and a ‘Q’ key that accesses SSL’s unique Super Q system. Each strip also features a set of Quick Controls (a push switch encoder and three assignable keys) that work in combination with vertically correspondent aspects of the screen interface above. Colour flag LEDS visually indicate selected functions.
Slimline Master Section
S300 features a powerful, condensed Master Section. In the lower right area of the console a single tile combines a Monitor Section, a Focus Fader and a set of User Keys. The Monitor Section consists of main and misc monitor encoders (with displays), accompanied by DIM, CUT, and External source selection keys. The Focus Fader is a channel strip with a fader and a full set of function keys that can be set to follow the currently selected channel or locked to a specific function.
In the upper right is a tile containing a five-inch touchscreen that provides an FX rack meterviewer. Inbuilt Loudness, True Peak and Phasescope metering removes the need for external metering. The master section includes 21 physical user keys, providing immediate control of features most relevant for each production.